Today I start what could most probably be 75 of the most intense, mentally and physically challenging days that I have ever had in a long time. Today I start 75 HARD.
What is 75 Hard?
It’s a program started by Andy Frisella, the CEO and founder of a Supplement empire that boast sales over $100 million a year. But it wasn’t always like this. Coming from humble beginnings, and with an intense dislike for school, no one ever expected much from Andy. Including himself. But he wanted more. And regardless of what challenge he faced – he was resilient. He kept on going. Putting one foot in front of the other; Battling against oncoming obstacles. And he progressed and eventually won.
He is a testament to all things I hold dear – Discipline, Grit, Resilience and Focus. And that’s why I’m doing 75 Hard.
All of us need to get better. If you think you’ve reached your peak of excellence, then you are dead wrong. There is always something you can learn, something that can help you grow. I’m excited. And I’m excited to share my journey with you over the next 75 days.
The 75 Hard Challenge
The challenge is simple.
For 75 Days, I will be doing the following every, single day:
- Take a Progress Picture
- Do two 45 min workouts – one outside
- Read 10 pages of Non-Fiction per day
- Drink 1 Gallon of Water per day
- Follow a Diet
- No Cheat Meals or Alcohol
That’s it! Seems pretty simple, right? All rightee then. Let’s get started.
Here’s how I got started
1. The first thing I did was to get the 75 Hard app that will act as a thorn in my side and ensure that I remained focused for the entire 75 days. You can download the app from the Apple Store or Google Play, and unlike the 75 Hard Challenge, it is not free. But who will argue with paying $6.99 CDN if the end result is lots more productivity, mental toughness and physical excellence in 75 days? Certainly not me.
2. Next, I took my starting picture. Not one that I will share, but a benchmark metric nonetheless.
3. Now to get down to business. My first thought was around the water. I wasn’t sure how much 1 gallon of water was, so I consulted my old friend Google. And discovered that 1 Gallon was equivalent to 16-8oz glasses. Now I have been drinking approximately 10 – 12 glasses a day, but fitting in 16 glasses would be a challenge. So here was my solution – reminders. I programmed reminders in my phone, every hour on the hour, to remind me to drink a glass of water. Problem solved. Since this schedule would take me late into the night, I adjusted it a bit and added two glasses in the afternoon – 1 at 1:30 pm, the other at 3:30 pm. Now the problem was really solved and I was all set.
4. The next challenge would be with the 2nd exercise session. I normally take a 1 hr walk with my dog in the morning, so the first exercise requirement would be no issue. My work schedule, though, normally causes me to work right through until dinnertime. With this challenge that would need to change. So I added another reminder – to exercise, using my exercise app, at 4:30 pm. Boom! That’s done too.
5. Reading. Well, that’s not difficult. I am currently reading “#AskGaryVee” so that’s taken care of.
6. Food. No alcohol or Cheat Meals for 75 days. I eat pretty clean so that also should not be an issue. I’ve let some undesirables creep into my diet over the past few years, so I am looking forward to using this challenge to get me back on track. My chosen diet for this challenge is Vegan – primarily raw.
Here are my planned meals for today:
Breakfast – Green Smoothie made with celery, spinach, cucumber and ginger. I had that around 11 am.
Lunch – Spinach salad with strawberries, walnuts and balsamic vinaigrette.
Dinner – Sweet Potato Brussels Sprout Buddha Bowl
Every day, on this blog, I will post my Meal Choices and Completed Day’s progress from the app. Really looking forward to this.
Comment below to let me know if you have tried 75 Hard, would like to try it or have any questions on my journey.